When you want to sell your house in a hurry, you have to take steps to present the house in a way that will make it irresistible to a potential buyer, especially if this is a buyers market and they have a bunch of houses in their price range to choose from. Consider these 11 ways from Charleston SC Real Estate professionals at Premier One to transform your house and connect with more buyers on an emotional level instead.
1. Rent or hire a power washing company to treat your deck, fence, siding, sidewalks, driveway, and gutters. Curb appeal is everything in getting a buyer emotionally connected before they even get out of the car.
2. Be sure your realtor is baking cookies or a pie during the open house. You want them to feel like they are visiting home or grandmas house and fall in love.
3. Take down pictures of the family, the key here is letting all the buyers imagine their own family living in the house, not yours.
4. Clean out the closets, garage, and basement. The more room throughout the house, the better.
5. Instead of taking everything to your new house, have a garage sale and lighten the load while making the house look more roomy.
6. Hire a cleaning company to treat the rugs, tiles, upholstery, hardwood floors, and all of the windows.
7. When buyers are going to be looking at the house, open all the curtains and blinds, and turn on a light in every room.
8. If you have pets, they need to be crated or outside when a buyer comes knocking to look at the inside of the house.
9. If a realtor wants to show the house, you need to disappear for an hour so the buyer can have a more relaxing experience.
10. If rooms are looking dated, buy some cans of paint and give the rooms a complete makeover. You would be amazed how a thirty-dollar can of paint could completely change the look of an entire room.
11. Rent a storage unit in town and start moving your stuff out of the house even before you have an offer. This stuff is going to need to be packed eventually, do it now and you benefit from less clutter in the house and a roomier feel in the rooms.
Now that you know how to get a buyer emotionally invested, get working on these simple tips for staging your house so you get that full price offer you are hoping for.